New mnemonic for 2147483647.
Kaz Kylheku
2019-07-16 01:12:54 UTC

2019-07-16 01:18:18 UTC

2019-07-16 09:05:19 UTC

2019-07-16 21:17:03 UTC

2019-07-17 07:24:04 UTC
2019-07-19 19:00:15 UTC
make it rain whiskey!
4+2 4 7
create more whiskey
6 4 7
distil
6
:)
Perfect!
Covering all Mersennes from 64M-1 to 4G-1:

67108863: Methyl alcohol: a zero quantity probably occurs not.
134217727: A gal tips up a canteen, driving an omnibus.
268435455: Of *course* drinking beer and cider will bring peace.
536870911: Drank.. ten.. liters.. purified.. alcohol.. operator! 9 1 1.
1073741823: "A zero-alcohol rye whiskey?!" said I, "Damaging to Man!".
2147483647: Do I need alcohol! Dear, merciful God, distil more whiskey!
4294957295: Many an afternoon wink commences after downing an afternoon drink.
j***@mdfs.net
2020-10-06 14:25:42 UTC
Post by Richard Kettlewell
create more whiskey
6 4 7
Foul stuff. There's only six letters in whisky.
Rainer Weikusat
2020-10-06 14:47:02 UTC
:-)
Kaz Kylheku
2020-10-06 16:35:33 UTC
Post by j***@mdfs.net
Post by Richard Kettlewell
create more whiskey
6 4 7
Foul stuff. There's only six letters in whisky.
In Richard's defense, note that the extra "e" in whiskey is at least as
acceptable as the colloquial "there's" contraction for "there are".
Lew Pitcher
2020-10-06 16:46:34 UTC
Post by Kaz Kylheku
Post by j***@mdfs.net
create more whiskey 6 4 7
Foul stuff. There's only six letters in whisky.
In Richard's defense, note that the extra "e" in whiskey is at least as
acceptable as the colloquial "there's" contraction for "there are".
In other words, "not /really/ acceptable, but we should not complain too
loudly" ;-)
--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"
Rainer Weikusat
Whisky is Scottish, Whiskey Irish. Important difference.
James K. Lowden
2020-10-07 19:04:26 UTC
On Tue, 6 Oct 2020 07:25:42 -0700 (PDT)
Post by j***@mdfs.net
Post by Richard Kettlewell
create more whiskey
6 4 7
Foul stuff. There's only six letters in whisky.
$ look whisk | grep y$
whiskery
whiskey
whiskingly
whisky

That's definitive, right? ;-)

--jkl
Rainer Weikusat
2020-10-07 20:58:43 UTC
Post by j***@mdfs.net
Post by Richard Kettlewell
create more whiskey
6 4 7
Foul stuff. There's only six letters in whisky.
$ look whisk | grep y$
whiskery
whiskey
whiskingly
whisky
That's definitive, right? ;-)
--jkl
Off-topic, but fun:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_whiskey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_whisky

That's a obviously a matter of taste and the American taste seems to be
rather Irish than Scottish ... a regrettable state of affairs :-)
Rainer Weikusat
2019-07-17 15:24:51 UTC
Post by Kaz Kylheku
Oh, I need alcohol;
2 1 4 7
dear merciful God,
4 8 3
make it rain whiskey!
4+2 4 7
(1 << 31) - 1 ?
m***@gmail.com
2020-09-21 11:42:44 UTC
Post by Kaz Kylheku
Oh, I need alcohol;
2 1 4 7
dear merciful God,
4 8 3
make it rain whiskey!
4+2 4 7
--
TXR Programming Lanuage: http://nongnu.org/txr
John McCue
2020-09-23 01:03:10 UTC
Post by Kaz Kylheku
Oh, I need alcohol;
2 1 4 7
dear merciful God,
4 8 3
make it rain whiskey!
4+2 4 7
I like the ideam but I have a hard time even
remembing mnemonics :)
Keith Thompson
2020-09-23 01:49:27 UTC
Post by John McCue
Post by Kaz Kylheku
Oh, I need alcohol;
2 1 4 7
dear merciful God,
4 8 3
make it rain whiskey!
4+2 4 7
I like the ideam but I have a hard time even
remembing mnemonics :)
Mother Visits Every Monday, Just Stays Until Noon.

I use the names of the planets to remember the mnemonic.
--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) Keith.S.Thompson+***@gmail.com
Working, but not speaking, for Philips Healthcare
Siri Cruise
2020-09-23 01:12:06 UTC
Post by Kaz Kylheku
Oh, I need alcohol;
2 1 4 7
dear merciful God,
4 8 3
make it rain whiskey!
4+2 4 7
I just abbreviate it: 2many.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Rainer Weikusat
2020-09-23 14:19:36 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Kaz Kylheku
Oh, I need alcohol;
2 1 4 7
dear merciful God,
4 8 3
make it rain whiskey!
4+2 4 7
I just abbreviate it: 2many.
(1 << 31) - 1

Who cares about decimal representations? :-)
Geoff Clare
2020-09-24 12:33:10 UTC
Post by Rainer Weikusat
(1 << 31) - 1
Who cares about decimal representations? :-)
Better make that (1UL << 31) - 1 to avoid undefined behaviour.

(Or 1LL or 1ULL, or 1U if you know the compilation environment has
32-bit (or wider) int.)
--
Geoff Clare <***@gclare.org.uk>