2010-12-05 20:59:09 UTC
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20101205.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The chapter explaining the file open function in the manual was
- The file open function was improved to return STD_NULL on an
attempt to open a directory.
- Interpreter and compiler were improved to support Unicode program
arguments under Windows.
- The file "chkccomp.c" was added. It is used during the make process
to determine properties of the C compiler and the C runtime
- The makefiles were improved to use the new generic file
"chkccomp.c", instead of creating their own versions of
- The time/duration field 'mycro_second' and the functions
'getMycroSeconds', 'toMycroSeconds' and 'MYCRO_SECONDS' were
renamed to 'micro_second', 'getMicroSeconds', 'toMicroSeconds' and
'MICRO_SECONDS' respectively. This changes were done in the example
programs and in the "time.s7i" library.
- The functions 'setATime' and 'setMTime' in 'time.s7i' were improved
to raise RANGE_ERROR when the specified time is illegal or outside
the allowed range.
- The carddemo.sd7 example program was improved to allow moving,
raising and lowering cards with the mouse and mouse buttons.
- The function 'getHttp' in the "gethttp.s7i" library was improved to
handle the status codes 301, 302, 303 and 307.
- The functions 'hashCode', 'compare', 'setContent', 'toBottom' and
'toTop' were added to the "graph.s7i" library and the compiler was
improved to support them.
- Bitmap fonts were improved to allow scaling.
- The function 'skipSpaceOrTab' was added to the "scanfile.s7i"
- The "chkhsh.sd7" example program was improved.
- The compiler was improved to generate code, which defines functions
for 'hsh_create' and 'hsh_destr' before they are used.
- The compiler was improved to generate code with parenthesis around
C comma operator expressions. This is necessary to allow using such
an expression as argument of a C macro.
- The handling of the action 'bst_idx' in the compiler was fixed to
use 'bstritype' instead of 'stritype'.
- The compiler was improved to use the function 'generic_sct_cpy'.
This function was introduced to allow changing an element of a
hash, when the hash has struct elements.
- The "tar7.sd7" example program was improved to check if a file
- The function 'bst_cpy' in "bstlib.c" was fixed to use 'take_bstri'
instead of 'take_stri'.
- The function 'cmdFileType' in "cmd_rtl.c" was improved to return
FILE_ABSENT when one element in the path is not a directory.
- The "drw_x11.c" driver was improved: Expose events now draw only
the exposed area. The exposed area is not cleared before the
expose event is delivered. Expose events for the whole window are
avoided, when a window is resized.
- The function 'drwFlush' in "drw_x11.c" now proceeds until no expose
events are present.
- The function 'find_window' in "drw_x11.c" now manages the windows
with a hash table instead of linked list.
- The new function 'processEvents' in "drw_x11.c" looks for expose
events and processes them.
- Documentation comments were added to the function 'filOpen' in the
- The files "kbd_inf.c" and "kbd_poll.c" were improved to use
utf8_mode also when the LANG environment variable contains the
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.